Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Good morning Year 3!

I hope you are well. It's such a nice day today, blue skies and sun! 

Remember to get moving with Joe this morning at 9 am on YouTube or log into Go Noodle and get dancing. 

Here are your 3 tasks for today:

1. Looking at the front cover, what do you predict this story will be about? What clues are there?

Listen to the author reading his book using the link below.


Was your prediction correct?

Now you can watch a tutorial on how to illustrate some of the characters from the book. Below is a step by step guide on how to draw them. Please share your drawings with me via email.



2. Design and build a den in your house to protect you and your family from a storm. This could be inside or outside. 

How will you make sure it stays standing?
How will you stop the rain getting in? 
How will you stop any animals getting in?
Where will you sleep?
Does your den have a name?
Can you design a sign for your den?


I will be looking for the most imaginative den design. Get building!

Image result for den building children



3. I’m thinking of a number questions.

- I'm thinking of a number. I multiply it by 2. I get the answer 6. My number is _____

- I’m thinking of a number. I multiply it by 3. I get the answer 12. My number is ______

- I’m thinking of a number. My number is even and in the 4 times table. If I add my 2-digits together I get 6. My number is ______

- I’m thinking of a number. My number is even and in the 8 times table. If I add my 2-digits together I get 5. My number is ______

- I’m thinking of a number. My number is odd and in the 3 times table. If I add my 2-digits together I get 6. My number is ______

- I’m thinking of a number. I double it and my answer is 24.  My number is ______

- I’m thinking of a number. I double it and add 5 and my answer is 25.  My number is _____


Complete pages 24 and 36 in your work packs and challenge yourself on TT Rock Stars. I'll be checking the leaderboard today to see who is our most improved and our top 5. 

Well done for your fantastic work yesterday! I loved the photos you sent over to me. It was so difficult deciding on a winner for the most unusual place to read because they were all so brilliant but I think Declan was the winner, reading to his rabbits- well done Declan!

Don't forget to post a comment on the blog below or you can email me pictures and I can share them with the class. There was a bit of confusion (from me too) about posting photos on the blog. You cannot post photos on the blog, you can only comment. You can share your photos via email at year.3@ctk.education

I look forward to seeing all the exciting things you've been doing today

Have a great day,

Miss Kingscote 

Today's Reflection


  • I can see from all of your photos that you are all working hard at home and having fun too, which is great to see! 
  • It's great to see children helping out at home and developing important skills. Calvin and Freddie have both been helping out with cooking and Harley has been growing vegetables in the garden. It's great to see you learning new skills. It would be lovely to see any photos of you trying out new things. 
  • I am very proud of you all and all of your hard work- you are FABULOUS!
Below are some pictures of today's brilliant work:



 

Brilliant den building from Ayla and Harley and fantastic writing from Freya.


Leah's fantastic den! She has even made a fire to keep warm.    
Lovely joined handwriting from both Awele and Maisie.
Calvin has been busy with his maths work.

Bernice and Awele in their cosy dens. 
 
Merit reading her book in a (clean) bin- very inventive!

Helping out in the kitchen.

Harley gardening in the sunshine.

Benji's lovely lego rainbow.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Year 3 - please keep making comments and emailing in any pictures of home learning. We want to hear from you all - Mr Condon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to comment when you've understood your tasks for today. I look forward to hearing from you all.
    Miss Kingscote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone,who is enjoying the lovely sunshine?, I am. It was lovely when I went out for a walk this morning, I saw lots of birds getting sticks to build their nests.
    Keep up the fab work, it's great to see.
    Mrs Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Remember to post your name so we know who you are

    ReplyDelete