Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Good morning Year 3!

I hope you enjoyed your first day of home learning yesterday. 

Start your day by following Joe Wicks again at 9am on YouTube. Get your body moving! 


Here are your 3 tasks for today:

1. Read your book in an unusual setting. Take a picture and post it below or send it via email. The most unusual picture will win 50 points! Write a book review of the book you have just read.

Things to include in your review:

What is your story called?
Where is your story set?
Who are the characters?
Give a summary of the story.
What was the most interesting/exciting part?
What do you think will happen next?
Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
Draw a picture of a key event in the story.

Image result for upside down reading children

2. Watch Newsround. Follow the link below 


They talk about rainbows in window to keep everyone smiling during this confusing time. 

Create your own rainbow with paint or colours.
Who would you like to share a rainbow with to brighten their day? Why have you chosen that person? Write down why you have chosen them to receive your rainbow. Maybe you could put your rainbow in the window on display? (ask an adult at home).

Dear _______

I have chosen to share my rainbow with you because…

Window with rainbows

3. Complete a shape hunt in your house. What do you predict will be the most common shape? How many different shapes can you find? What is the most common shape? How many shapes are symmetrical?

-      Try to find

      a circle, square, rectangle, triangle, rhombus, oval and hexagon. 
   
     Complete pages 3 and 4 in your work packs and log into TT Rockstars. 
    
Well done for all of your fantastic work yesterday, I loved seeing your photos you sent over. Make sure you send lots more over today. Yesterday's winner of the tallest rocket was Ralphie. Well done- what a fantastic rocket you made!

Have a lovey day,

Miss Kingscote

Fantastic examples of unusual reading spots.           
 


 


  A brilliant book review from Angelos.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Whichever you like. Perhaps start with the reading task. Enjoy reading your book and then review it. I look forward to hearing about it.

      Delete
  2. My book is called The magic folk collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book is called Dog Man Lord of the fleas. In this book there is a dog who is a cop who has an enemy called peaty. Little peaty, Dog man and a robot defeat the fleas by using their powers. My favorite part of the book is when peaty tells his jokes. Harley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like a really interesting book Harley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi year 3. How are you all ?
    I’ve been doing my work that Mrs Jordan has set me, I’m sat in my garden with a coffee. When I’ve finished my work I will find an unusual place to read a book
    Have a good day
    Mrs Miller

    ReplyDelete