Friday, June 19, 2020

Good morning Year 3! 

Happy Friday! I hope you haven't got too soggy with all the rain we've been having. I am sure the sun will come back out soon. 



I wanted to let you know that from Monday, I will be back in school teaching a group of children. I will still set your work every morning and I will be able to reply to your emails. However, I may not reply to you straight away. I will do my best to reply as soon as I can. We will sort out a plan for Zoom. There are only 3 more weeks left of home learning and then we will have our final week in school. I am very excited to see lots of you during that week!

Who will be our star of the day?

Here are your activities:

Warm up 

Today is the last day to send me your scores for the Virtual Summer Challenge.Your job is to practise the 'Tuck In, Tuck Out' challenge as much as you can until you achieve your best score. The video explains what you have to do. How many can you do in 1 minute? 

Let me know your best score and share any photos/video of you completing the challenge. You have until tomorrow to let me know your best score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWLQ-jc1I4&feature=emb_title

English 

Reread the poem on pages 16 and 17. Answer the questions on page 20. 

https://www.talk4writing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Y3-Lockdown-1.pdf



Maths 

We are going to be following on with our work on measurement. Scroll down to lesson 3 on measure. Today's lesson is called Measure: to compare mass. Watch the video and complete the activities.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-year/year-3/subjects/maths/#



Reading 

Choose a story that you would like to read from the 50 stories shown below. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5HQ1BvjqZfw408lbbf2c5dt/top-50-stories-2020-age-5-to-9

What was the story about? Can you summarise the main events in a few sentences?
Who was the main character?
What did you like/not like about this story?



Art 

Today we are going to make calligrams. Calligrams are words that are designed to visually represent the word itself. Have a look at the example below. These are all calligrams. For example the word 'split' is split in half and the word 'zigzag' is draw in a zigzag pattern. Your task is to design your own calligrams. You could use the ideas below to help you or you could create your own. Remember to colour them in and make them beautiful. Have fun!


Please remember to comment below or send us an email to let us know how you are. Also, keep sending in your wonderful photos to year.3@ctk.education 

Have a lovely day, 


Miss Kingscote


Today's reflection

Another great week of home learning. Well done to everyone who has been working so hard at home. I hope you have a lovely and relaxing weekend. 

Bernice is our star of the day. She has worked hard all week. She has challenged herself and produced some lovely work. A fab card, maths and writing. Well done!

 
Fidel has continued to work hard at home. Have a look at his wonderful work.
   
Harley has worked hard all week. Fantastic effort!


 

9 comments:

  1. Morning everyone, hope you are all well. I’m going into school today to have a meeting with Mr Condon about going back to school in the next few weeks.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning I am really looking forward to seeing everyone at school Harley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Me too, it will be great to see everyone.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Good morning! I hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. hello good morning, will go to the barbershop to cut my hair this evening, I hope they open. Fidel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning. I don't think they're open. Perhaps you will have a haircut at home?

      Delete
  5. hi Mrs Miller and Miss Kingscote

    ReplyDelete